Thursday, July 29, 2010

Gastro Doctor's Appointment

We went to see Dr. Shah this afternoon was NOT very encouraging. Tomorrow morning we go for an endoscopy. This is where they sedate Sam and feed a scope down into his stomach to see if the cancer is there. Dr. Shah thinks that's where it is. Not good :o(

They will also take some more blood test to look for cancer "markers".

Depending on the results of the endoscopy there may be another test on Monday.

The oncologist still has Tuesday tests for a CAT and bone scan.

We really need prayers for healing and emotional strength.

Ps. 73:26
"My health may fail, and my spirit may grow weak, but God remains the strength of my heart; He is mine forever."

3 comments:

  1. You both are on our hearts and minds. God is great. God is good. May you feel Him beside you in every doctor's office, every hospital hallway.
    We love you, Sam and Nan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a sister in Christ and part of the GBC family, I will continue to lift Sam up in prayer. I knew of someone going through all the testing and result finding of cancer, this person was a Believer, and it was said at the time, it's not about what you are going through, but how you can touch others lives for Christ by how you handle what you are going through. I pray for wisdom for the doctors as they do the testing and find the results. And mostly that God would miraculously heal Sam. I encourage Sam to share his faith in Christ to each Doctor, Nurse, anyone who touches his life through this experience. with Love, Cheryl Savage

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Nan,
    Just want you and Sam to know that I have been praying ever since Sharol told me about Sam! I have asked many who know you to pray, Dave Lipp and others - and I read your postings every day. May God hold you both close to His heart, and give you His Peace which is beyond understanding.
    In Christian love,
    Betty Wright

    ReplyDelete