Saturday, August 7, 2010

Sunny Saturday's Perspectives

We got up this morning and pretended life was normal. We went for a bike ride to the Great Harvest Bread store and bought a loaf of Apple Scrapple Bread. (Is this is a start on becoming a health food nut?)

On the ride back home I was working my way up a long hard hill. Sam was well ahead of me. I thought that this is much like what we are tackling in our lives as we face CANCER. If I look at how long and steep the hill ahead is, I get discouraged and want to get off my bike and walk it up the rest of the way.

If I look down at the bike path and work on each push on the peddle right below me, I do better. I make it up the hill with one push at a time focusing on the road below. As I do this, I don't realize or see how steep and long the hill is ahead of me. I don't think about quiting and before I know it I'm at the top catching up with Sam and enjoying a cool drink of water from my bike bottle.

I can't say that was an epiphany but I did pause and thank the Lord for that perspective. We arrived at home and enjoyed a slice of apple scrapple bread with cream cheese. I looked across the counter to my mug that says, "With God All Things are Possible" and thanked Him for for who He is and that He cares about the smallest details of our lives.

Please keep praying that we will know after Tuesday's consultation at JHH which way to "steer our bikes" as we push each mundane pedal on the road right below us.

7 comments:

  1. What wonderful insight God gave you today, Nan, during your bike ride. I am praying that you and Sam can have some wonderful moments in the midst of this storm. Bread sounds yummy. Hope you enjoy Baltimore Harbor before your conference at JHH. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so true! but actually, this isn't all that mundane! this is an earthquake. fortunately, God is with us in earthquakes and storms. one pedal at a time is good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have always admired you two in life and in your marriage. You are in my thoughts and prayers often. Sam I pray for peace and health and lot's of laughter. Nan I prat for many happy days with the man of your dreams and I hope you have a wonderful birthday.

    love you two
    Lynds Gunn Hastings

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jay and I are praying for you both. Trust your walk around the inner harbor was a good one! Beautiful place to be on one's birthday- Happy Birthday, Nan! This morning you will be in our ongoing and constant prayers for calm, clear direction and a renewed sense of God in the midst.
    Love,
    Mary Jane S.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sending prayers and birthday wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Keep your head down at the bike path and work on each push on the peddle right below...that's what I'm talking bout!!!!(VERY GOOD ANALOGY).

    Mom, I am very proud of you for keepin it together and stayin strong even if you are not behind closed doors...keep strong so I don't become weak!
    Sambo Rambo, you'll make it,... I don't care what the doctors say!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thinking of you Nan and Sam, and praying often for the Lord to give you the grace you need for the moment you're in. His grace IS sufficient. 2 Cor. 12:9 I hope you two had a nice b-day dinner in Baltimore together. We love you.

    ReplyDelete